Parish Life Fund
In some cases, placing funds into a permanent endowment may not be the best option for parish leadership. However, having a fund available for larger needs that may occur outside of budget planning would be beneficial. For these situations, we recommend a Parish Life Fund.
- Earns a market rate of return.
- Pastor manages the fund and can request two (2) distributions per year.
- Funds can be distributed until the corpus is depleted.
- Donors can direct to one of 5 designated uses within the fund: Sacramental, Education and Formation, Facility, Ministry, General (non-designated).
Details to Consider
- $10,000 minimum initial investment.
- Comprised of new donations from supporters.
- Use must always honor donor intent (the designated use chosen at time of donation).
How We Assist
The Catholic Foundation will:
- Work with donor to define purpose of the gift (Sacramental, Education and Formation, Facility, Ministry or General/non-designated).
- Work with beneficiary to communicate areas of need to potential donors.
- Draft contracts and manage Fund establishment (if new).
- Facilitate calculation and distribution of bi-annual distribution to beneficiary.
- Report to donor on fund performance and use of distributions from the Fund.
To learn more about supporting your parish through a Parish Life Fund, please complete our Legacy Form.