At the Foundation, we recognize that donor-advised funds (DAF) have become one of the most requested giving options for donors worldwide. In an effort to provide the best service to our generous parishioners, the Catholic Foundation has created a donor-advised fund that will offer the best of both worlds to our donors and their beneficiaries: the ability to invest in a socially-responsible portfolio with demonstrated performance while also supporting IRS qualified 501(c)(3) organizations that share our Catholic values and beliefs.
- Donor may name the fund.
- An initial contribution of $5,000 or more may yield an immediate tax deduction.*
- Grants can be made on the donor’s schedule.
- Donors do not have to fill out paper contribution forms, send letters or write checks; the process is automated through the online donor platform.
- DAFs are investment accounts and funds are vested with portfolios representing Catholic values and beliefs.
- Donor does not need to collect tax receipts from charities or itemize on their returns. Donors receive a tax deduction* at the time of the initial or subsequent contribution(s) into the charitable account!
*Please consult with a tax professional regarding personal tax circumstances and potential deductions.
Details to Consider
- The minimum contribution to establish a DAF is $5,000.
- The account must be active within 36 months. Active is defined as a contribution into the account, or contributions out of the account to qualified organizations.
- Once the contribution is made, the donor accepts that the gift is irrevocable.
- The donor understands that all grant recommendations are subject to review and must be to organizations with IRS qualified 501(c)(3) status and fall within guidelines as provided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
- Though it is always our goal to honor donor intent, the donor understands and accepts that we can decline a recommended grant to any organization at any time for not complying with USCCB guidelines.
- The donor understands that the Foundation must follow all IRS tax regulations as pertaining to DAFs and that these rules and details are subject to change as a result of updates to the tax law.
How We Assist
The Catholic Foundation will:
- Provide access to a user intuitive state-of-the-art donor platform for making contributions into a DAF account and requesting grants out of it – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Streamline the charitable giving process for donors, their family/beneficiaries.
To learn more about supporting your favorite organizations through a Donor-Advised Fund, please complete our Legacy Form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.